Wildcat Web News 2.27.2020

Wynette Jameson, Publications Advisor

2.27.2020

Tomorrow has been deemed Go Texas Day for Houston so we are going to jump on the band wagon. Dress up in your best western wear to celebrate our western heritage.

Thanks,

Cathy Donahoe

Our Alternative Academics students are launching the new Cat Boutique on March 16, 2020 at 7:30 Am in B116.

Our grand opening will include refreshments and special prices. All our products are gently used. We have nice dresses, men shirts, jeans and jewelry etc… Prices are $10 or under for each item. Please come check it out. Students are welcome too, if you want to bring your class. We will open everyday from 7:30 until 8:15.

Sincerely

Wafa Lotf

Last week multiple teams from Clear Creek’s Engineering Program participated in NASA HUNCH Design and Prototype Critical Design review at Space Center Houston.Teams from across the Houston/Galveston/Dallas areas competed to design prototypes for the International Space Station or Lunar Lander.The following teams advanced from the Critical Review to the semi-finalist round.These teams will be judged against hundreds of other teams from across the nation before a finalist list will be presented to astronauts for final review in April.

Congratulations to:

Artemis Bed

Gustavo Casimiro, Chloe Crepensek, Carson Otte, Noah Pearse, Dalton Slaughter

Flag Pole

Sean Humanic, Alex Miller, Jacob Salazar, Robert Wilson

Washing Machine Control

Peyton Burlington, Nicholas Showman, Vugar Sadygov

BUILDING A WEIGHTLESS MOUSE FEEDER

GREYSON JEREB, HUNTER JONES, BRODY KERR

BUILDING A WASHING MACHINE

CATHERINE CORLEY, BRIANA ZAMORA, ZOEE LEWIS, TYLER CORNER,

JAELYNN SILVA, JAKE SINGLETON

BUILDING A LUNAR WHEEL

ANDREW ASSAD, EDWIN GANZALES, GRANT Mc COMBS, ZACH HALSEY

BUILDING A LUNAR STAKE, FLAGPOLE, AND DRIVER

OREN TUCKER, JAMES BRANDT, ESPEN EKRE, GAMALIEL JIMENEZ,

JONAH BISCONE, BRYCE CRISWELL, ETHAN Mc LEOD

NO HEAT SHIELD EXPERIMENT

LUKE SAMMONS, ANAYA SCOTT, TYN MAI

BUILDING A WASHING MACHINE

GRACE MEYER, RUSHIL PATEL, MUHAMMAD REHAN, PEYTON BURLINGTON,

YOUSIF MUSTAFA, ALONDRA SOLIS

LUNAR STAKE, FLAGPOLE, AND DRIVER

EVERETT CUNNINGHAM, WILL GREELY, AND GARRET EVERETT

-Ms. McCarty

Creek Girls Soccer continued its winning ways last Friday with a big 7-0 win vs Dickinson. Seniors Lauren Hickman and Serenity ‘Battleshark’ Simon scored their first goals of the season. Tonight, we are at home vs Alvin and it’s teacher appreciation night! Come support the Wildcats!

Justin Cange

Attention students interested in Dual Credit for next school year, the final round of advisement sessions with College of the Mainland are next week.  New students to Dual Credit are required to attend an advisement session with Ms. Himes in the College Center.  The final 2 time slots are Monday, March 2nd at 10:00 am or at 2:45 pm.  Please log in to your Naviance account and sign up today.  Please see Mrs. Herd in A-146 if you need Naviance assistance.  You will not be able to enroll in dual credit courses if you have not had your advisement session.

All 20-21 Dual Credit students should have picked up a CCISD Dual Credit Guidelines form in the Cafeteria during your lunch or in the Counseling Center.  The form is due back in the Counseling Center with the required signatures by this Wednesday, February 26th.  Please keep in mind that your Counselor will not give you your dual credit enrollment form until the CCISD guidelines form is turned it.

Counselors

Congratulations to the following varsity Creek tennis trophy winners at last Friday’s Deer Park Invitational:

Carter Crookston placed 1st overall in boys singles. Carter only dropped 2 games the entire tournament.

Boys doubles team of Ryan Xu and Ethan Nguyen placed 3rd overall.

Mixed Doubles team of Reagan Canales and Brice Farine were consolation champions.

Adara Toran was consolation champion in B Girls singles.

Randy Huynh was consolation champion in B Boys singles.

Coach Geise

One of our Rodeo finalists, Cassie Toler, had her painting selected to be auctioned at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.

At this year’s Visual Art Scholastic Event, Creek took home 41 medals and had 4 students qualify for Sta

The state qualifiers are:

Angelina Yoon

Alexandra Saucedo

Adrianne Ross

Ian Wood

Thanks

Travis Garner

This past Friday and Saturday the boys track team competed in the St. Thomas Eagle Relays in Houston. The Wildcats finished the meet in second place overall, just 1 point behind the host winner St. Thomas.

Winning gold for the Wildcats was Chad Lindberg in both the shot put and discus throw and Andrew Dry in the Triple Jump.

Winning Silver medals for the Wildcats were the 4×200 relay team of King Ketchum, Kaleb Matthews, Konnor Richardson, and Cody Spears. Also winning silver for the wildcats were McCain Penrod in the Pole Vault, and Gavin Gragg in the 110 Hurdles. The Weight man relay of Gabe Hardcastle, Dannyn Tanner, Holden James, and Ben Terry won silver, and Jake Perna won Bronze in the 300 Hurdles.

Great Job Wildcats.

Coach McNamara