CCISD’s Annual College and Career Fair

Ashleigh Lewis, Reporter

A special event for the Wildcats’ seniors is coming up on November 15 It is CCISD’S annual college and career fair. This event will take place at Clear Falls. From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. All students from CCISD will be welcomed when they come to the CCISD’S Education Village. The PTSA will provide light snacks and drinks available for purchase.

For CCHS Generation Texas week, the Creek’s Counseling Department will have different events and lunch-time activities for current students. The Counselling Department will send out information two weeks prior regarding a decorating contest.  Counselors will present slide shows during school lunches.

November 13, there will be a morning announcement from the Counseling Department which will explain the week activities.  The Counseling Department will show slides all week on the big screen in the cafeteria. Brochures will be available. For students, it will be military or college t-shirt day.  As students walk to their classes, the Counseling Department will play college fight songs between classes. For the whole week, teachers can wear jeans to work if they are wearing a college or a military branch t-shirt.

November 14, a morning announcement about Naviance and a logging in to update your college choices will be given. At lunch-time, there will be a fun activity which the counseling department has decided to name  “Rock Your Future.” Paint a rock with any college logo or college colors of your choice.

November 15, will be Dress up day Students have a chance to wear any college clothing of their choice. A special lunch-time activity that the Counseling Department decided to create. The Counseling Department with help with the college quiz for candy. The winner will receive a special prize. The College and Education Village is from 6-8pm.

November 16, the Counseling Department will submit an announcement for morning announcements reminding seniors to complete their college applications. In order to request transcripts, go by the counseling center display table. Not only will there be a lunch-time activity, there will also be an extended third period activity. Audio-visual students will put together a “name that mascot” video for classrooms to guess answers and call down to the counseling center for a donut party.

November 17, The Counseling Department will submit an announcement for the morning reminding seniors to complete their FAFSA and to stop by the counseling center display table.  There will be a special lunch-time activity.

The College Fair will be a great time for students to focus on their careers and a brighter future. We want you to take the time to think about your career goals. No matter, what level you are in either in intermediate or a high school student you are still welcomed. Not only are students welcome, parents and friends are invited as well. CCISD encourages you to attend the CCISD’s annual College and Career Fair.

When you get started, the counselors will figure out a graduation endorsement and education pathway plan that will be the most organized fit for you. There will be plenty of volunteers which include nurses, engineers, teachers, counselors, police officers and more. There will be a variety of different career areas to choose from. From medical science, allied health services, engineering, business and marketing, petrochemical, industries, law and public safety, architecture and construction. They will talk to students and parents.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns volunteers and counselors will be on hand and delighted to help you.  It will be a good insight into personal educational pathways and career experiences.

Some of you might be thinking, “I don’t know what college to go to?” Don’t worry, you don’t have to figure it out all in one day. You will have all high school years to think about it. Don’t stress about it. They just want you to have an idea about an education plan. For your future, the counselors, teachers and staff are all here to help every Wildcat succeed.