Wildcat Web News 11.13.17

Wynette Jameson, Publications Advisor

11.13.17

Mu Alpha Theta meeting is cancelled for today after school and tomorrow before school. Our next meeting with officer speeches will be on Wednesday November 29th in Ms. Weldon’s room.

Stephanie Weldon

The Theatre Department would like to congratulate Hunter Taylor for being awarded 2nd Place in Monologues at the Texas Renaissance Festival Performing Arts Contest.

Thanks.

Bradley Hewlett, Theatre Director

Dance and perform this fall and winter season! Color guard auditions are Monday and Wednesday after school from 3-5 in the cafeteria.

Thanks.

Heather Hyde Wargo

The Freshman A football team completed an undefeated run through district play with a 55-19 win over Clear Falls last night at Veterans Stadium.  The Wildcats had an outstanding season from start to finish and the hard work and sacrifice paid off with a district championship.  This will be a fun group of student athletes to watch in the next three years and if they continue to work and improve their goal will be to bring a state championship here to Clear Creek High School.

The team was led defensively by Daqari Tuckson, Josh McGee, Destin Richardson, Zamauria House, Jacob Herrera, and Cole Early at linebacker; Benjamin Terry, Alex Ontivares, Abel Mares, Kaesin Sharma and Borys Galdamez on the defensive line; Crisean Robinson, Justice Andrade, Cody Spears, Kaden Irby and Andrew Creedon at cornerback and Lane Brewster and Jordan Herd at safety.  They were, without a doubt, the best defensive group in the district.

The team was lead offensively by Kaleb Matthews and Jacob Salazar at quarterback; Cody Spears, Rayfield Conley and Daqari Tuckson at running back; Dillon Garcia, Konnor Richardson, Gage Martinez, Cy Kennedy and Cole Carlson at Receiver; Zack Dyson, Spencer Osburn, Danyn Tanner, Colton Batsen, Brendan Lane, Blake Jimerson, Holden James and Braeden Ragus at offensive line.  This team averaged 42 points per game and is a collection of some of the finest talent to come through Clear Creek High School.

Our excellent kicker was Jake Haas.

Congratulations to these young men for their hard work and their district championship!

Wooldridge, Robert 

Teddy Bear Drive: 

Good morning, Wildcats!  The Creek PALs have challenged Falls, Lake and Springs and their PAL programs in a Teddy Bear Drive.  Beginning Monday, November 13 through Friday, December 1, please bring any new or gently used teddy bears to any pod office.  These teddy bears will be donated to hospitals, shelters and local law enforcement offices.  Help show the rest of CCISD that Creek is the best!

Thanks!

Becki Bryan

Creek Debate
We traveled a small squad this weekend, but had some good results still.

Seniors Mercedes Holmes and Anusha Jiwani lost a quarters finals round in Public Forum and received 2 more points for their state qualification.

Seniors Brandon Griffin and Scott Lindberg placed 4th and 5th in Congress respectively, and Brandon received 4 points towards his state qual.

Seniors Peyton Linder and Mercedes Holmes placed 7th and 4th respectively allowing Mercedes to finish her qualification. 

Brian Darby

Just this past weekend, the Creek Cheer program competed in the Lone Star Classic Cheer Competition at NRG arena. The group took home accolades in all four events in which it competed, including 2nd place finishes in Champion Chant, Cheer and Fight Song performance. The group also placed 2nd overall in the Small Novice Division and won a specialty award for Best Use of Jumps in the performance category. Again, congratulations to our Creek cheerleaders.

Shawn Mosley, MBA

Congratulations go out to Clear Creek FFA members on their success at the District 6 LDE Competition.

Radio Team members: Jordan Adams, Kayleigh Pettigrew, and Taryn Tremaine

The Ag Advocacy Team placed 2nd and advanced to area, team members Morgan Irwin, Grace Garcia, Biannca Ramirez, Madi Lawrence, and Emma Pistone

The senior quiz team placed 1st advancing to area, team members Peyton Anderson, Emily Jones, and Anthony Borrego

Craig Sickmen placed 1st in Senior Creed speaking advancing to area.

Those advancing teams will compete at the Area 3 LDE Competition this Saturday, November 18.

Thank you!

Natalie Terry

Mon, Nov 13th – Door decorating contest begins!  Each teacher that participates will receive a Jeans Day Pass from Terry Vasichko in the Counseling Center to be redeemed at any time.  Judging will take place during the school day on Thursday and winners announced on Friday.  PRIZES!  1st place will receive an Office Depot credit up to $50, 2nd place up to $25, and 3rd place up to $15.  Please let Terry Vasichko know if you plan to participate.

Tues, Nov 14th – Hispanic Financial Aid and Scholarship Workshop in the Career Lab during all lunches. Please let any of your Hispanic students know that we will have bilingual assistance available to help with FAFSA and scholarship applications.  University of Houston – Clear Lake will have an Admissions Representative available during all lunches in the Cafeteria.

Wed, Nov 15th – COLLEGE/MILITARY SPIRIT DAY!  Wear a college or military branch shirt to school and get a free JEANS DAY!  Tell your students to wear their shirts too!  CCISD College & Career Fair will be held at the Education Village from 6:00pm-8:00pm.  San Jac and College of the Mainland Admissions Representatives will be available during all lunches in the Cafeteria.

Thurs, Nov 16th – EXTENDED 3RD PERIOD!  Teachers, we need 100% participation this week.  WE (Wildcat Entertainment) TV has planned an awesome college themed episode with a classroom competition attached to it.  You must view to win!  Hint…..donuts will be involved for the top 3 winners.

Fri, Nov 17th – University of Houston in the house!  U of H Admissions Representatives will be available during all lunches in the Cafeteria.

Kandy Gailey