Creek News 1-31-19

JUNIORS: Are you taking the SAT with the Essay? If so, you may want to sign up for our SAT Essay Course, which is 8:30-12:30 on Saturday, February 9. To register bring a $40 check made out to C.C.H.S. to E200—not C200. This spring all prep course registration will be done in E200. Registration for our SAT and ACT prep courses is now open as well.

Last night, girls soccer swept Dickinson. JV won 3-0 behind two goals from Lauren Hickman and one from Lizbeth Zarate. Varsity won 2-0 behind a goal from Raeghan Thompson and Allie Hickman. Varsity now sits in first place in District 24-6A. Both teams are at home Friday in a huge district match-up with Alvin. JV plays at 5:30, Varsity at 7:30. Come out and support your Lady Wildcat Soccer team!soccer ball

Your Creek varsity tennis team took part in the Humble Invitational last Friday and had some great results.  Congrats to the following players on their finishes:

Carter Crookston placed 1st in the boys A singles draw.

Clarissa Valcoviak placed 1st in the girls B singles draw.

Will Irvine and Jonricco Abarquez placed 2nd in the boys B doubles draw.

Miranda Hixson and Emma Pistone placed 2nd in the girls B doubles draw.

Jessica Sammons placed 3rd in the girls B singles draw.

Attention Seniors Class of 2019.  Your 7th semester class rank and GPA are now available in Naviance.

Use your ID and Password to log in to Naviance

Click on the “About Me” link

Click on “My Account”

The GPA/Rank will be located under the Academic Section

Please see Mrs. Herd in A-146 if you are having difficulty logging in.

Current 9th, 10th and 11th grade students, you will be notified by grade level as your rank and GPA’s become available.

Congratulations to our science fair winners!  The following students will advance to the Houston Regional Science Fair on February 23:

Peyton Burlington (1st place)

Jonah Briscoe (3rd place)

Melvin Briscoe (Honorable mention)

Rachel Passantino (3rd place)

Please congratulate these students on this achievement: hey have worked very hard to advance this far and now have the opportunity to take their project all the way to State!

Attention Wildcats!  Do you like working with elementary and junior high kids?  Do you like giving back to your community?  Then PALs is the class for you.  Applications are available in C106 and C108.  Come by and pick one up!  Ms. Bryan and Ms. Watson can’t wait to meet y’all!