Wildcat Web News 2.26.19

Wynette Jameson, Publications Advisor

2.26.19

A lot of success out there this weekend for speech and debate from all CCISD Schools who participated in the south Texas national qualifier. Meghan Lindquist punched her ticket to Dallas and Hayden Rinehart is the 3rd alternate in a highly competitive Lincoln-Douglas bracket.

Brian Darby

The Varsity Girls Track Team competed at the Clear Falls Knight Relays Track Meet this past Saturday and had great performances.

Getting the Track Meet off to a great start was Olivia Lueking winning the Pole Vault and breaking her own Clear Creek High School record of 11’ by vaulting 11’ 6”. Eliyah Ellis took first Place in the Discus and 2nd Place in the Shot Put. Anna Reeves took fourth Place overall in the Shot Put, Allie Cummings took fourth Place in the 2-Mile Run, and the 4×400 Meter Relay Team of Zoe Rennison, Olivia Lueking, Michaela Kinsky, and Kennedy Williams took sixth Place overall.

Congratulations to the Lady Wildcats.

Coach Zepeda

The Clear Creek boys Varsity  golf team played some good golf with some tough course conditions this past Friday and Saturday at the Concan Classic  Invitational in West Texas. The Varsity team consisting of: Andrew Pearson, Hunter Drotts, Jacob Salazar, Trey Ponce and Tram Le played much better than the other 22 teams and were able to come in first  place for the Tournament. Wildcat Sophomore Hunter Drotts was the fourth place medalist for the tournament. Great job boys and let’s go get another win at Moody Gardens this weekend.

Coach Brown

This past Saturday the boys track team competed at the Knight Relays at Clear Falls.  The boys competed well and came away with some strong finishes.   The 4×100 team of King Ketchum, Rayfield Connely, Konnor Richardson, and Cody Spears finished fourth overall.  King Ketchum also finished fifth in the 100m dash.  Kingston Griffin finished fifth in the 100 hurdles and sixth in the 300 Hurdles.  Calen Anderson finished fourth in the High Jump.  Joey Hardcastle finished seventh in the shot put and Collin McKinney finished sixth in the discus.  Great Job Wildcats.

Coach McNamara

“FANNY. Well, a great many things have been said in the last few minutes.” A long afternoon at the SanJac-Central OAP Clinic filled with challenging critiques for our Actors, Crew & Alternates. Next week will be filled with opportunities for growth!

Hewlitt

DECA

Congratulations to Creek DECA as they competed this past weekend at the State competition held in Dallas. With more than 4,200 competitors in attendance, Creek boasted 11 state competitors and 4 medal winners, including four international qualifiers. Medal winners include:

Sanjana Shah

Sunny Wang
Ian Wood

Shelbi Woodard

Senior, Sarah Beason, along with juniors Anna Alves, Vallari Bhatia and Gavin Hernandez all earned international honors and will compete against a field of more than 18,000 when they travel to Orlando in April to represent Creek. Again, congratulations to Creek DECA on all of its achievements.

CHEER
Want to be a Clear Creek High School cheerleader? Interested students must attend a mandatory tryout meeting with their parent or guardian held on Tuesday, March 5th in the Auxiliary Cafeteria at 7 PM.  Both boys and girls are welcome to tryout.  For more information, please see Ms. Mosley in room D125 or Ms. Muller in D219.

Ms. Mosley