Wildcat Web News 2.23.16

Wynette Jameson, Publication Advisor

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 3.04.14 PM2.23.16

Boys Basketball playoff bound tonight at Dobie High School 7pm.
CREEKUPDATE:While they lost, they made us proud all season. http://www.galvnews.com/sports/high_school/free/article_8044d53c-22c1-5c3a-86f8-f0187f2bd4ea.html

Best Buddies will be having our Valentine’s Day party tomorrow. It will be after school in the cafeteria. Be sure to stop by.

Best Buddies

San Jacinto Community College will be visiting the College Center on Wednesday, February 24.
The representatives will be available during 2nd, 3rd, & 4th periods to assist any senior with their application process free of charge.
Interested seniors can sign up in Naviance or visit the college center for more information.

Shannon Herd

The Varsity Girls Track Team competed at the Pearland Invitational last Friday and had great finishes.
Hailey Chorn took second Place in the two-Mile and Anna Scheuring took third place in the Pole Vault. Other Lady Wildcats who scored points for their Team included Skiye Sparks in the Discus and the 4X400 Meter Relay Team of Jessica Ransom, Kristina Paul, Aaliyah Thomas, and Brittany Clark.
Congratulations to our Lady Wildcats

Coach Zepeda

The Men’s soccer team closed out the first half of district play on Friday night against Clear Lake.
The JV team tied 0-0 with strong defense and coming up just short on several great opportunities to score.
The Varsity team won 8-3 with goals scored by Reece Winters, Cooper Wamack, Justin Pacilio, Kaden Lovett, and a hat-trick by Alvaro Anez.
This victory brings the team to 4-3 in district and places them in 3rd place heading into the second half of the season.
The next game is at HOME tomorrow night vs. Clear Brook.
Come out to support the team and LET’S GET ROWDY!!!

Chris Cobb

Congratulations to Diego Allison -taking 11th place in the 100 breast stroke at the state swim meet.

Anne Woolweaver

On Saturday, 23 Creek choir students competed in the annual UIL Solo & Ensemble Contest at Angleton High School. All students received either “Superior” or “Excellent” ratings from the judges, and the students brought home 20 individual medals for receiving a rating of ONE. Congratulations choir!!!

James Park