Wildcat Web News 4.12.16

Wynette Jameson, Publications Advisor

wildcatpink101

4.12.16

Pink Bow Info

Sr pink bow practice today 3:15-4:00 at Veterans Memorial Stadium.

Jr pink bow practice tomorrow 4-6:30 at Veterans Memorial Stadium.

Presell tickets $5 today in cafeteria all 3 lunches at gate $7.

The Theatre Department invites you to audition for “Coffee House”.  They are looking for variety acts including singing, dancing, stand-up comedy, instrumental performances and more.  Auditions are open to all CCHS students and will be held on Monday and Tuesday of next week.  Please see the flyers in all Pods or come by N106 for more information.

The League of Extraordinary Improvisers will give its fourth performance of the year this Saturday at 7:00 PM in the Clear Creek Intermediate Theater.  Seating will be limited, so we recommend purchasing tickets in advance.  Tickets are $5 and will be available in N106 (Mr. Hewlett’s room).  Come join us for a night of unscripted comedy!

Thanks!

Bradley Hewlitt

The varsity tennis team competed in the District Tournament this weekend.  Outstanding play came from the following:

Sydney Albro – placed 4th in Girls Singles

Julia Brito & Kimberly Smith – placed 3rd in Girls Doubles

The following players qualified to the regional playoffs:

Maya Fraser & Alejandra Lopez placed runner-up in Girls Doubles

Ava Manuel placed runner-up in Girls Singles

Michael Raji placed runner-up in Boys singles

And 24-6A District Champions in Mixed Doubles – Ford Cunningham & Jessi Nifong

Clear Creek girls also won the overall District Championship & Boys were Runner -up.

Thanks,

Coach Marrie

Attention Creek on April 28 clear Creek High School will be holding a fashion show showcasing lightly used dresses for purchase. Think next years homecoming, banquets, winter formal, and yes of course prom. We will be selling tickets the week of the show in the cafeteria for $7 and $10 at the door. Everyone’s welcome & we hope to see you there.

San Jacinto will be visiting the College Center, tomorrow, April 12 from 8-12. They will assist seniors with the admission and financial aid process free of charge.

Also, UT will be on campus Wednesday, April 13 during 3rd period. Accepted seniors and prospective juniors are encouraged to attend. Interested students can sign up in Naviance or visit the College Center for more information.

Shannon Herd

JUNIORS, are you aware of how much harder the new SAT essay is? Will you be prepared? The LAST Crash Course for the SAT Essay is this Saturday, from 8:30-12:30 in room D107. The class is limited to 30 students and will be taught by Mr. Fontenot, who is a certified SAT essay rater. To register, bring a check for $40 to C200 before or after school ASAP.

Ken Fontenot

STUCO is fundraising for PAC a nonprofit who helps provide financial support to families with a loved one battling cancer. Donate loose change or money to the red cup and the winning 6th period will get pizza.  Also if we reach our school goal of $500, Mr. Mayol will dye his hair and Mrs. Backe will let her students put a pie in her face! This is the LAST week to donate.  We will be collecting cups next Monday, so put your money in the cup today!

GL

If you are interested in being a Cavalier manager for the 2016-2017 school year then please pickup an audition packet from the dance room or front desk.

Thanks,

Marka Wood, M.Ed.