Creek HiLife

Texas High School Aerospace Scholars Opportunity

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wynette Jameson, Publications Advisor

The High School Aerospace Scholars application is now open at:http://has.aerospacescholars.org.

txhsaero

High School Aerospace Scholars (HAS) is a NASA unique opportunity for juniors who are interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) at no cost to participants.

Selected students will participate in an interactive, online course during the school year that culminates in an all-expense-paid trip to NASA’s Johnson Space Center in the summer. During the online course, students will investigate space exploration challenges by creating technical drawings, solving math problems, and participating in discussion forums with NASA engineers and scientists. Texas certified teachers guide students through the online curriculum and grade their work. After a competitive review of online material completed and submitted, selected students are invited to Johnson Space Center. Throughout this six day trip, participants will work with NASA mentors to complete engineering design challenges and plan a mission to Mars. Students will be briefed on the past, present, and future of space exploration by NASA engineers, scientists, and special guests while touring NASA’s facilities.

For more information and application deadlines, please visit the HAS website at: http://has.aerospacescholars.org.

If you are interested in sharing this opportunity at your school or organization we have included the following promotional material that can help:

HAS Brochure

HAS Poster

HAS PowerPoint Slide

You can also learn more about the program by viewing “High School Aerospace Scholars: A Journey of Discovery” video here.