Wildcat Web News 10.25.16

Wynette Jameson, Publications Advisor

screen-shot-2016-10-25-at-12-59-34-pm10.25.16

The Wildcat band competed at the 2016 UIL competition this past Saturday in Challenger stadium. The band received straight ones qualifying us for the Area competition on Saturday October 29th at The Berry Center. Congrats to the students in the Wildcat Band!!!

Aaron Daniel

Picture retakes for underclassmen will be next Tuesday, November 1.  Students will be released according to the first letter of their last name. If you need picture packet information, you can pick it up in E-100.  Students will go to the library to have their pictures taken.

Suzanne Saucier

Last Friday the Creek volleyball teams beat Clear Lake at all levels.  With the win the Varsity has clinched the District 24-6A Championship all to themselves for the 3rd year in a row.  Tonight is the last home match of the season with the Varsity hosting Clear Falls at 6:30 p.m. in Carlisle Fieldhouse.

The Varsity is trying to win their 42nd consecutive district win which dates back to 2014.  Please come out and support your Wildcat Volleyball Team.

Thank you,

Scott Simonds

Varsity Creek tennis had an outstanding performance last Friday in bi-district playoffs as they took down Friendswood 10-3 in the semifinals and then Clear Lake 10-9 in epic fashion in the championship to move on to regionals.  With everything on the line and the final match to finish, Freshman Carter Crookston came up big with the match clinching victory over CLear Lake. Huge Shout outs to Ale Lopez whom had the match of her life as she defeated the #1 girl in district 6-0, 6-1 and Michael Raji as he continues to be undefeated on the season and the #1 boy in district. Creek will play this Thursday in the quarterfinals of regionals.

Derick Geise

The Clear Creek HS Choir had a great showing on Saturday at the annual TMEA All-Region Choir auditions that we hosted here at Creek. And speaking of, a huge congratulations and thanks goes out to all of the choir students who ran the competition and the affected teachers who gave up their rooms for use in the competition. We continue to be asked to host this audition every year because we run the contest so smoothly, efficiently, and fairly, so we continue to be grateful to have the cooperation and support of so many staff members and students. Thank you!

We had a total of 38 students who made one of three Region Choirs and will perform in concert with these honor choirs in a few weeks, and 11 of those students will advance to the third of four auditions on their way to the All-State Choir. Congratulations go out to:

All-Region Concert Choir (men were not ranked):

Carly Allard – 10th chair

Zoe Beck – 1st chair

Cassidy Bouse – 1st alternate

Alica Brown – 4th chair

Hailey Clough – 5th chair

Bethany Cosgrove-Hay – 8th chair

Alma DeLeon – 6th chair

Elisabeth Elings – 7th chair

Garrett Everett

Anna Golovko – 7th chair

Joshua Halls

Gabriel Hardcastle

Gavin Hernandez

Joseph Lucena

Aiden Martinez

Lucie Melcher – 2nd chair

Spencer Plato – 7th chair

Madison Plotner – 4th chair

Dalton Ward

Riana Vermillion – 1st chair

All-Region Treble Choir:

Avery Austin

Kendall Eley

Layla Elodat

Miranda Hixson

Skyla Sonnenburg

Victoria Blackburn – 1st alternate

All-Region Mixed Choir and advancing to Round 3 of the All-State Choir Auditions:

Mitchell Bonvillian – 10th chair

Jacob Bulesco – 1st alternate

Jasmine Christensen – 6th chair

Brandon Falknor – 13th chair

Travis Falknor – 4th chair

Zach Hoover – 1st chair

Jhanvi Patel – 3rd chair

Justin Pollio – 11th chair

Brady Raboin – 7th chair

Sophia Sledge – 1st chair

Asiel Velasco – 4th chair

Katriel Velasco – 10th chair

James Park