Wildcat Web News 11.07.16

Wynette Jameson, Publication Advisor

img_2250

Creek beats Falls in final game 48-6

Photo by Sierra Dickey

11.7.16

Color Guard auditions wrap up this week and it’s not too late to try out. Meet in the Cafeteria today at 3:30. There is also a Parent Meeting tonight at 6pm in the band hall.

Thanks.

Heather Hyde Wargo

Creek Volleyball team beat Summer Creek in the Area Playoffs 25-17, 25-17, 25-16. We now move on to the Regional Quarterfinals vs. a very talented Dawson Eagles team next Tuesday 11/8 at 6:00 p.m. at Phillips Fieldhouse which is located next to Pasadena Memorial Stadium at 2906 Dabney Dr. Pasadena, TX 77502. This is definitely going to be our toughest match we’ve had and we really need a lot of students, faculty, staff and anyone we can get there to support the Wildcats. Despite our success this year, our fan support has been very light and anything the faculty and staff could do to help us get some more fans there (especially ones willing to make some actual noise) would be greatly appreciated.

Coach Simonds

Tryouts for the Girls Soccer Team will be held on Monday November 28 and Tuesday November 29 after school from 2:45-4:30pm.  Any girl interested in trying out MUST talk to Coach Pittman in Room E226 before Thanksgiving Break. A completed physical form must be turned in before you are able to tryout.

Thank you,

Jessica Pittman

The girls basketball team started the season off the right way. All 3 teams beat Deer Park on Friday night. The Freshman white also went undefeated in the Pasadena tournament over the weekend. The next home game is this Tuesday versus Clements please come out to support. Freshman teams play at 4, JV at 5:30, and Varsity at 7.

Travis Golden

The following Universities will be visiting the College Center during College Week, interested students can sign up in Naviance or visit the Counseling Center for more information.

11/7 – College of the Mainland, 9:00-11:00 am

11/7 – University of Alabama, 11:00 am

11/9 – St. Edwards University, 9:00 am

11/9 – Baylor University, 1:30 pm

11/10 – University of Houston, Clear Lake, 9:15 am

11/11 – University of Lafayette, Louisiana, 10:00 am

Shannon Herd

Students reminder that Friday, November 11 will be the Veteran’s day Celebration and Remembrance.

Seniors-will wear RED

Juniors and Sophomores-will wear WHITE

Freshman-will wear BLUE

This will be in honor  of the men and women who have served and who are currently serving our country.  We would like to turn the home side of Veteran’s Memorial stadium into a Red, White, and Blue sea of Wildcats..

Students, please see the flyer posted below for this week’s college week activities.

Students, Color Guard auditions

wrap up this week and it’s not too late to try out. Meet in the Cafeteria today at 3:30. There is also a Parent Meeting tonight at 6pm in the band hall.  The actual audition is November 10 at 3:30. Wear all black dance clothes. For more information see Ms Hyde Wargo in the band hall or ask a current guard member.

Attention Junior and Senior boys if you would like to participate in Power Buff please check out the information below.

What is Power Buff??   

Power Buff is much like Powder Puff but this time, the guys are playing volleyball. Junior and Senior boys will play the best of 3 sets against each other. Coaches will be Junior and Senior girls. The game is open to all parents, students, and teachers to attend. Players pay $20 for t-shirt and dinner while spectators pay a $2 entry fee. The game is on November 16th in Carlisle. Much like Powder Puff, the boys will be served dinner before the game. The game will start at 6 but players and coaches should plan to arrive by 4:30 for dinner. Each team will have two practices. Mandatory Practice Dates: November 10, 6:30-7:30 and November 14, 6:30-7:30. Juniors and Seniors will practice in different gyms. Game: November 16, beginning at 6:00. Players arrive at 4:30 for pizza and pregame practice.  If you are interested, please stop by the B100’s and pick up a flyer.

Students, the following Universities will be visiting the College Center during College Week, interested students can sign up in Naviance or visit the Counseling Center for more information.

11/7 – University of Alabama, 11:00 am 11/9 – St. Edwards University, 9:00 am

11/9 – Baylor University, 1:30 pm 11/10 – University of Houston, Clear Lake, 9:15 am

Hello CCHS Club members and CCHS Organization Sponsors. AN OPPORTUNITY TO EARN SERVICE HOURS: The CCHS Counselors will be hosting the 2016 CCISD College and Career Fair on Nov. 9th at Clear Falls HS and are in need of 22 student volunteers to assist them with small duties throughout the evening. You can earn 4 service hours in 1 evening. Service hours will be from 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm so it is advised that you eat a light meal before arriving at the fair. Please dress appropriately in business casual. Student volunteers will be assisting with the following duties: Assist CCHS Counselors with check-in Assist college reps upon arrival at the check-in station Guide college reps to their designated areas Provide water to college reps Assist CCHS Counselors with closing the fair (break-down/packing up) Sign-up at the Counseling Center. This is limited to the first 22 students

that stop by A131 by Nov. 7.

Dual Credit Students

You must register for the Spring Semester of college very soon. College of the Mainland is holding registration at the Learning Center in League City.

Juniors Tuesday, November 8 2:30 – 5:30 pm

Be sure to register.

Students don’t forget that the Creek Boutique is now OPEN every Friday from 7:30am-12:30pm in B116.  Come check i