Wildcat Web News 1.20.17

Wynette Jameson, Publications Advisor

Creek’s blood drive
Photo by Hayley Johnson

1.20.16

Wildcats, are you looking to tell your thoughts to that very special Valentine of yours? Well now you have the chance to dedicate a special message to your special someone in Creek’s newspaper, the Hilife. In the paper’s centerspread you may have a heart of varying sizes placed in the paper with a special message to your special friend, bestie, or significant other. Dare to show you care Wildcats. Come to the newspaper room in D136 to talk to the paper’s advisor or editors about your special message. We will also be in the cafeteria during lunches next week. Deadline for purchase is Feb.1

Announcing the Clear Creek Education Foundation 11th Annual Fashion Show applications are available .The Clear Creek Education Foundation is seeking high school juniors, both male and female, that represent all that is positive about CCISD to participate as models during the 11th Annual CCEF Fashion Show on Sunday, April 2, 2017 at Mercedes Benz of Clear Lake. The show is being produced by Lenny Matuszewski, Jr., nationally known fashion show producer and will feature fashions from Dillard’s – Baybrook. Applications are only available online in the “Events” section at: www.clearcreekeducationfoundation.org or directly at this link: http://www.clearcreekeducationfoundation.org/fashion-show/ They are to be submitted no later than Thursday, February 9, 2017 by midnight. For further information on the Fashion Show, contact Kaci Hanson, CCEF Executive Director at 281.284.0031 or via email at [email protected].

Attention AP Students

The window for students to register for AP Exams will be opening in late February. Regular AP exams will cost $93 each (AP Capstone is $141), but students identified as economically disadvantaged will receive a discounted price. Students must already be identified as eligible to receive free and reduced pricing for meals in order to receive this discount at the time of registration.

If you believe you may qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch but are not currently identified, we encourage you to apply now. Should you wait until the registration window opens, there may not be enough time for the application to be processed.

More information about qualifying for Meal Benefits at the following link. http://www.ccisd.net/departments/child_nutrition_services/meal_benefits/

Clear Creek baseball will be hosting tryouts next Friday and Saturday, the 27th and 28th of January. Register for tryouts in Coach Webb’s room in C116 between classes.

KNITTERS AND STITCHERS…

BRING YOUR PROJECTS TO THE LIBRARY.

When? All lunches every Thursday.

Experienced or new learners

Student Council is raising money to help support Donate Life. This organization helps support those who have received, given, or are waiting for organ transplants. Our goal is to raise $1000.00 and we would like the student body to help us out.  You can do this by donating any loose change that you may have to your 3rd period class.  The 3rd Period class with the most money collected gets a pizza party courtesy of StuCo. Thank you all for your help and support.

Peace, Love, StuCo

Students with Valentine’s day right around the corner, make time to stop by and check out the Creek boutique as they have many NEW arrivals in stock, lots of cards and gifts that you may like.  The boutique is located in room B116

“The Wildcat Boy’s Basketball team was in action against the Friendswood Mustangs last night. The Freshman A, Sophomores, JV, and Varsity all came away with the victory. The teams would like to thank all of the teachers and students that came out to support them last night. Special shout out to Ms. Kerrie Thompson for her support. Our next home game is Tuesday, January 17 vs Clear Lake.”

Attention sophomores and juniors:

If you have a 4.5 GPA or higher, you may be eligible to join the National Honor Society. Besides high grades, membership in NHS requires participation in school organizations, volunteering in the community and demonstrating good character both in the classroom and outside of school. If you are interested in joining this prestigious organization, please see Mrs. Slazer in D222 to pick up an application.

Donate loose change to DONATE a LIFE Texas from Jan 9th through February 6th and win a pizza party. Cups are located in each classroom.

ATTENTION: SENIOR WOMEN!!! PLEASE JOIN THE CLEAR LAKE AREA PANHELLENIC
ASSOCIATION FOR THE 2017 INFORMATIONAL MEETING ON SORORITY RECRUITMENT
Location: Bay Oaks Country Club 14545 Bay Oaks Blvd, Houston, TX 77059

When: Sunday, February 19, 2017 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM 
If you have any questions regarding this event or the recruitment process, please contact: Mary Payne, Recruitment Chairman-(281) 797-1138/ [email protected], and

Tish Wright, Recruitment

CoChairman(832)-721-5521

[email protected] Clear Lake Panhellenic Website: www.clearlakepanhel.org Neither this organization nor this event is sponsored, endorsed or otherwise affiliated with Clear Creek ISD.

Seniors. Check Naviance for updated Scholarships, CCHS Band Booster and the CCHS PTSA are now available.

The National Technical Honor Society will have a meeting on Monday, January 30 at 2:45 in the Library.