Award winning news team covering the BEST high school in Texas.

Creek HiLife

Creek HiLife

Creek HiLife

Start of the Debate Season

College Park TFA Classic 9/1-9/2: 

Senior Kalyn Willis placed third in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving four state points towards the TFA, Texas Forensic Association, state tournament. This tournament is put at high regard, as it gives students the opportunity to compete with some of the best debaters in the state to receive high distinction in the debate community. Willis was also the top speaker for the entire tournament in Lincoln-Douglas Debate. Sophomore Cara Anderson placed sixth in Congressional Debate, receiving three state points. Sophomore Doga Ozecik was a quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving two state points. Moody placed fourth in Dramatic Interpretation, receiving two state points. Moody and Junior Symphanie Williams placed sixth in Duo Interpretation, receiving one state point, and Williams also placed second in Poetry Interpretation. 

Clear Falls TFA/NIETOC 9/15-9/16: 

Clear Creek debate won second place team sweepstakes. Williams was the tournament champion in Program Oral Interpretation, receiving six state points. Junior Lily Prat was the tournament champion in Prose Interpretation. Ozecik placed second in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving six state points. Willis placed third in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving four state points, and was the top Lincoln-Douglas debate speaker. Junior Ameena Khan was a quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving two state points. Williams also placed third in Dramatic Interpretation, receiving three state points, and sixth in Poetry Interpretation. Moody placed fifth in Dramatic Interpretation, receiving one state point. Moody also placed fifth in Humorous Interpretation, receiving one state point. Anderson placed fifth in Foreign Extemporaneous Speaking, receiving one state point. Ozecik also placed fourth in Humorous Interpretation, receiving two state points. Junior Allyson Muir placed sixth in Humorous Interpretation, receiving one state point. Sophomore Cailyn Sivills placed fourth in Poetry Interpretation. Freshman Carson O’Neal was the tournament champion in Novice Congress Debate. Junior A’Kora Anderson placed fourth, and freshman Destiny Davis placed fifth in Novice Congressional Debate. Sophomore Aidan Blancas placed sixth in Novice Congressional Debate.  

Spring Woods & Memorial Swing 9/29-9/30: 

Junior Searlait Brandon and Junior Isabella Amdur were the tournament champions on the Spring Woods portion of the tournament in Duo Interpretation, receiving six state points. Brandon and Amdur placed sixth in Duo Interpretation on the Memorial portion of the swing, receiving one state point. Williams placed fifth in Program Oral Interpretation on the Spring Woods portion of the swing, receiving two state points. Prat placed fourth in Prose Interpretation on Spring Woods portion of the swing. Khan was a quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving three state points.  

68th Bellaire Forensic Tournament 10/6-10/7: 

Creek won the first-place overall speech team. Prat placed fifth in Prose Interpretation, fourth in Poetry Interpretation, and second in Informative Speaking, receiving four state points.  

Willis was the tournament champion in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving six state points. Williams was the tournament champion in Program Oral Interpretation, receiving six state points. Ozecik placed third in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving two state points. Khan was a quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, receiving one state point. Anderson placed seventh in Congressional Debate, receiving two state points.  Moody placed sixth in Dramatic Interpretation, receiving one state point. Amdur and Brandon were the tournament champions in Duo Interpretation, receiving six state points. Williams and Moody placed second in Duo Interpretation, receiving four state points. Anderson and Ozecik placed third in Duo Interpretation, receiving three state points. Freshmen Reaghan Cleveland and Berlin Rosenbaum placed fifth in Duo Interpretation, receiving one state point. Junior Sebastian Mihut and Prat placed sixth in Duo Interpretation, receiving one state point. Amdur placed second in Program Oral Interpretation, receiving four state points, while Moody placed sixth in Program Oral Interpretation receiving one state point. Williams placed third in Poetry Interpretation. Prat placed fourth in Poetry Interpretation. Sophomore Trinan Lewallen was a semi-finalist in Novice Extemporaneous speaking.